The newest iPhones have been released, and our rankings of the best iPhones take into account the modifications that Apple has made to its existing series of smartphones. Because we have now evaluated all four versions of the iPhone 14, we have placed it at the top of our list of iPhones that you should take into consideration if you are in the market for a new phone.
Although the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus do not feature as many improvements as the two iPhone 14 Pro versions, they do have some positive aspects, the most notable of which is the fact that they are more affordable. But if you’re looking for an iPhone that’s a little easier on your wallet, Apple has kept the iPhone 12 and some of the models from the iPhone 13 lineup available. These mobile devices can be purchased at more affordable pricing. Therefore, despite the fact that they might not have the most up-to-date hardware, they might end up being the greatest iPhone for you.
We can assist you in locating a phone that you will enjoy using, regardless of whether you have been an iPhone user from the beginning or are just now switching from Android to iPhone. The following is our ranking of the many iPhone models that are currently on the market.
Which iPhones are the best?
The iPhone 14 Pro Max is Apple’s best iPhone yet, with fantastic cameras, a powerful processor, and a long-lasting battery. It replaces the notch with a new Dynamic Island feature, and iPhone owners can finally enjoy a long-lasting display. The iPhone 14 Pro includes many of the same features as the Max, though its battery isn’t as large as the Max’s. It also costs $100 less than Apple’s more expensive Pro model.
An iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 14 Pro comparison reveals that the Pro models represent the most significant changes to the iPhone 14 lineup. But don’t overlook the standard iPhone 14, which gets a better camera, a brighter display, and useful new features like crash detection and the ability to send emergency texts via satellite. Best of all, it retains the $799 price tag of its predecessor. With the iPhone 14 Plus, you can get an iPhone 14 Pro Max-sized screen and a longer battery life for just $100 more.
Still too expensive for your budget? With powerful cameras and a high-performance A15 chipset, the iPhone 13 has been the best iPhone for the majority of people. With the release of the iPhone 14, the price has also dropped to $699. The iPhone 13 mini is also less expensive, now priced at $599.
The 6.1-inch iPhone 12 remains in Apple’s lineup, and it now costs the same $599 as the 5.4-inch iPhone 13 mini. With Apple dropping the iPhone 11, the $429 iPhone SE (2022) is now Apple’s only sub-$500 phone, as well as the cheapest 5G phone available.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Screen Size: 6.7-inch OLED (2796 x 1290; 120Hz)
- Processor: A16 Bionic
- Cameras: 48MP (f/1.8) main with 2x optical zoom, 12MP (f/2.2) ultrawide, 12MP (f/2.8) telephoto with 3x optical zoom, LiDAR / 12MP front (f/1.9)
- RAM/Storage: 6GB/128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
REASONS TO BUY
- Superb 48MP camera
- Very smart Dynamic Island
- Best-in-class battery life
REASONS TO AVOID
- Still just 20W charging
- A bit thicker and heavier than the iPhone 13 Pro Max
There is no need to look any farther than the iPhone 14 Pro Max if you are searching for the greatest iPhone regardless of cost. This phone features the speedier A16 Bionic processor, the better 48MP camera, and the eye-catching Dynamic Island feature that replaces the notch that was previously found on Apple’s Pro models. All of the significant updates that Apple made to its Pro series are on display in this phone. You also receive a large battery to match the size of the display, which is 6.7 inches in size. In our test, the iPhone 14 Pro Max’s battery allowed it to stay powered on for more over 14 hours, which is the longest amount of time that any iPhone has ever achieved.
The iPhone 14 Pro Max continues to rack up praiseworthy achievements. Even when you and your subject are moving around, the new Action mode can capture smooth footage for you to watch afterwards. The always-on display on the iPhone fulfills a feature request that has been made for quite some time and accomplishes so in a sophisticated manner. Even the front-facing camera has received some upgrades, including autofocus and a larger aperture that allows more light to enter the camera.
The iPhone XS Max is not only the best smartphone money can buy right now, but it is also the best iPhone Apple has ever produced, and it is difficult for us to come up with any legitimate concerns about this device.
Size and Weight
- Width: 77.6 mm (3.05 inches)
- Height: 160.7 mm (6.33 inchs)
- Depth:7.85 mm (0.31 inches)
- Super Retina XDR display
- 17.00 cm / 6.7‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display
- 2796×1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi
The iPhone 14 Pro Max display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 17.00 centimetres / 6.69 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- Dynamic Island
- Always-On display
- ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz
- HDR display
- True Tone
- Wide colour (P3)
- Haptic Touch
- 20,00,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 1,000 nits max brightness (typical); 1,600 nits peak brightness (HDR); 2,000 nits peak brightness (outdoor)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- 48MP Main: 24 mm, ƒ/1.78 aperture, second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, seven‑element lens, 100% Focus Pixels
- 12MP Ultra Wide: 13 mm, ƒ/2.2 aperture and 120° field of view, six‑element lens, 100% Focus Pixels
- 12MP 2x Telephoto (enabled by quad-pixel sensor): 48 mm, ƒ/1.78 aperture, second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, seven‑element lens, 100% Focus Pixels
- 12MP 3x Telephoto: 77 mm, ƒ/2.8 aperture, optical image stabilisation, six-element lens
- 3x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; 6x optical zoom range; digital zoom up to 15x
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Adaptive True Tone flash
- Photonic Engine
- Deep Fusion
- Smart HDR 4
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Mono)
- Night mode
- Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Photographic Styles
- Macro photography
- Apple ProRAW
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
- Lens correction (Ultra Wide)
- Advanced red-eye correction
- Auto image stabilisation
- Burst mode
- Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF, JPEG and DNG
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Cinematic mode up to 4K HDR at 30 fps
- Action mode up to 2.8K at 60 fps
- HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps
- ProRes video recording up to 4K at 30 fps (1080p at 30 fps for 128GB storage)
- Macro video recording, including slow motion and time-lapse
- Slow‑motion video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps
- Time‑lapse video with stabilisation
- Night mode Time-lapse
- QuickTake video
- Second‑generation sensor‑shift optical image stabilisation for video (Main)
- Dual optical image stabilisation for video (Main and Telephoto)
- 3x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; 6x optical zoom range
- Digital zoom up to 9x
- Audio zoom
- True Tone flash
- Cinematic video stabilisation (4K, 1080p and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback zoom
- Video formats recorded: HEVC, H.264 and ProRes
- Stereo recording